12 Thrillers Readers Are Currently Loving


If you're searching for your next read and you love twisty, unpredictable thrillers, we have a list you need to check out! These fast-paced, exciting thrillers come highly recommended from readers just like you. Take a look at the stellar reviews these recently released thrillers have garnered from other bookworms — and add a few new books to your TBR pile! You're bound to find a favorite (or two) among these best thriller books of the season!   

Note: Reviews may be edited for length and clarity.

Never Have I Ever
Joshilyn Jackson
Reader review: "Wow, wow and wow. One surprise after another. I thoroughly enjoyed this twisty, unpredictable read about two women, each with secrets worth hiding. Joshilyn Jackson is a new author for me and I'm now looking forward to reading some of her other books."

The Nanny
Gilly Macmillan
Reader review: "The Nanny by Gilly Macmillan is a great psychological suspense read! I’m a sucker for a British story of the upper classes, their ‘help’ and all the secrets and scandals. I’m here for all of it! The story hooks you by like chapter one and leaves you constantly wanting more."  

The Escape Room
Megan Goldin
Reader review: "What the hell kind of awesomeness did I just read? The Escape Room by Megan Goldin is an epic psychological thriller that had me fearing for elevators more so than ever before! But above everything, that bloody ending was f***ing amazing!
This book was one hell of a thrilling ride! I honestly couldn’t put it down and finished it in one afternoon. That entire weekend I took the 

The Swallows
Lisa Lutz
Reader review: "Note to Self: Do NOT send my daughter to boarding school. This book was infuriating and intense and scary and it made me want to scream and throw it across the room and commit random acts of violence. In other words, it did exactly what it was supposed to. This time Lutz takes on sexual politics, and she does it with her usual take-no-prisoners style of blood, guts, and sarcasm. I

Rewind
Catherine Ryan Howard
Reader review: "This is a very suspenseful and kind of complicated book... It was fascinating and really creepy at times. Natalie is an Instagram success and she suspects her husband, Michael, might be cheating on her. She goes to Shanamore Cottages to spend a couple of nights to try and find out if he had been there previously with another woman. The cottages are managed by Andrew who is creepy

The Stranger Inside
Lisa Unger
Reader review: "Lisa Unger has once again created an amazing thriller with The Stranger Inside. The story grabbed me from the start and the title caused me to immediately start questioning what it meant. Was the stranger lying in wait or did the stranger reside in the character's head? This is a story of three friends who encounter a stranger and the aftermath of that meeting.

The Whisper Man
Alex North

Reader review: "Seriously one of my favorite books this year! Thrilling, gripping, unpredictable, and perfectly played! The premise was haunting, as we discover a local boy gone missing in a small community, seemingly similar to missing children from the past. Tom and his son, Jake, work to fit into their new town after the sudden death of Tom's wife. Raising Jake on his own while dealing with

Recursion
Blake Crouch
Reader review: "I love Blake Crouch's books. This one was a bit complex. But, it was interesting and engaging and kept me plowing forward to see how it would end. Really cool love story to boot. I look forward to Blake's next project!

The Turn of the Key
Ruth Ware
Reader review: "It totally surprised me with its twists! I thought I had it all figured out and was amazed when I reached the end. I could not stop thinking about it!"

Someone We Know
Shari Lapena

Reader review: "Well-paced murder mystery set in a neighborhood where everyone has secrets. This is a never-boring page-turner from beginning to end. Quite enjoyable."

Three-Fifths
John Vercher

Reader review: "Feverishly entertaining. Resoundingly important. A book treading this kind of ground should not be able to move this fast. Three-Fifths is an honest, fearless page-burner. Vercher is a writer to watch."

A Nearly Normal Family
M. T. Edvardsson

Reader review: "This book was amazing. It was a thriller, a mystery and so much more. The plot is packed with twists and turns and will have you guessing until the end, and I have to say the end did surprise me! The buildup of angst is very present in all of the characters and their interactions with each other, as well as their community."

No comments